This week I was nominated by a lovely and inspiring lady, Lauren Barber, to take part in this fun way of meeting and following other bloggers! I’ve never heard of this ‘award’, so was super excited to read Lauren’s blog and participate in it! So here goes –
1. What is the first thing you do every single morning?
Stretch! Followed the usual bathroom visit, then downstairs for a glass of water!
2. What is your favourite brand of leggings?
GAP! They are super soft and so comfy, I’m not sure I will convert to any other brand!!
3. If you had to give up one thing out of cacao or nut butter…what would it be?
Cacao! I can go days/weeks without it, but nut butter, definitely not!
4. Tell me your most motivational quote.
“You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think” Winnie The Pooh…this was posted a few months ago by another lovely lady I follow on Instagram, and it has really stuck with me. Sometimes, when I’m having a bad day, I reach for the photo on my phone and read it, take a deep breath and remind myself I can do this.
5. What exercise makes your mind and body feel amazing?
Pilates, hands down! I feel relaxed, both in my mind and body, as well as stretched and fabulous!
6. Who is your dream blog collaboration and why?
This is a hard one! I follow so many lovely ladies, who all have inspiring and beautiful blogs, but I have to admit Madeliene Shaw is my dream blog! Since day one, I’ve followed her, constantly cooking/eat from her book and find her to be such an inspiring lady. I’ve met her a few times and attended one of her yoga/brunch workshops, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and can’t wait to attend more!
7. What is your favourite smoothie recipe?
This is easy, as I only have one! Half a banana, 1/2 a cup of frozen blueberries, handful of spinach, 1 tsp nut butter, 1 tsp of milled flak seeds and if I need it, 1 scoop of Sun warrior protein powder. Heaven!!
8. What made you start a health and wellness blog?
I’ve had a blog for a few years, but it’s recently been abandoned as I lost interest in it, to be completely honest with you. It was about places I’d visited for afternoon tea, something I just haven’t had the time to do, and so it got pushed aside.
Then one evening, one of my nanny friends introduced me to her blog, and I suddenly got the buzz for it. So, with her help, I decided to take it by the horns and focus it on healthy lifestyle/exercise, something I am extremely passionate about, and that was that!
9. What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
Another difficult one! I guess it would be to live my life to the full. Interestingly, no one has said this to me, it’s something I’ve realised through life experiences. For example, loosing my grandfather so quickly to cancer and regretting experiences I wish I had said yes to or participated in.
10. Show me your selfie!!
1. Name 4 things you can’t leave the house without!
2. How do you like to spend your weekend?
3. What’s your favorite breakfast?
4. Who inspires you?
5. Avocados – love or hate them?
Have fun girls and can’t wait to see your answers!