I can’t believe, as I sit here nestled on the sofa with the Christmas tree shining brightly next to me, that we say goodbye to another year. I wouldn’t say its been my best, but its definitely topped recent bad ones! It’s been a year of laughter, tears, aches, pains, gains and losses, but I’ve made so many memories that will last a lifetime.
Here are a few of my favorite memories from 2016…
- I started the year off on a high with a new job. I was happy and content again, something I haven’t been for a while. I made new friends, who to this day, have continued to be there for me and support me. Something I am eternally grateful for.
- Flying half way around the world to Australia, to surprise my youngest cousin on her 21st birthday. Never in a million years did I think I would jetting off there for a week, yes, mad I know, but SO worth it!
- Running the Great Ormond Street 5k around the Olympic Park with my little cousin and family!
- A brilliant 9 days back in New Jersey staying with and seeing all my old friends! It’s safe to say I didn’t want this trip to end!
I also ran my first 10k, with the support of my mum and Oscar and little did I know I would be running a half marathon a few months later!
- In August, one of my best friends, from college, got married. The sun was shining, the sky was blue and the wedding was absolutely stunning! A very special weekend spent with very special friends!
- Before I knew it, October was here and so was my very first half marathon…I’d spent the past 3 months training hard for it. This was the biggest achievement of my life and I am extremely proud of myself for completing it! I definitely have the bug now, because I’m running the Reading Half in March!
- Saving the best for last…a new arrival. Another one of my best friends, baby girl. I remember the day, so clearly, that she told us she was pregnant and sent over the scan photo. She is absolutely gorgeous and my heart melts every time I see her <3
This year wouldn’t be possible without two very important and special people in my life – my parents. Without them I wouldn’t be the person I am or where I am in my life without their continual support, love and guidance. They’ve supported me through every decision, been there to cheer me on at many of my races and always show me so much love.
Here’s to 2017, I can’t wait to see what’s in store!
All my love,