This blog is in collaboration with Jaz.
With 2017 coming to an end, I have to say I’ll definitely be sad to see it go. It started off on a high, with a big trip to St. Lucia for my parents 30th wedding anniversary. Since, I’ve had many running highs and lows, become a Karrimor Ambassador, witnessed two very special friends marry the love of their lives, travelled lots, ran two half marathons and accepted one of the biggest challenges I’ll ever face – running the London Marathon.
- Stress less. A hard one for me, but one I want to really focus on. I’m a huge/constant worrier and I let the little things get to me. I have spent many nights worrying over the silliest things, not sleeping, resulting in over tiredness and even more stress. I got quite a few books for Christmas, so I plan to use reading, along with spending time with family and friends, to switch off and break away from my worries/stresses.
- Focus on me. Easier said than done…I constantly compare myself, and my running, to others. In the past I’ve let it really get to me, but over time I’ve come to realize that it doesn’t matter what everyone else is doing. What’s best for one person, may not be best for another.
- London Marathon training/fundraising. With my training about to start, I am literally biting at the bit to get started. I don’t have a time for this race, as its my first Marathon, but I plan to enjoy every second of it. I was fortunate enough to get a place, and have the honor, to run for Round Table Children’s Wish charity. I’ve got a few ideas up my sleeve to fundraise for this amazing charity. Alongside this, I will continue to focus on strength training, with my great trainer, pilates and yoga classes. I want to be the strongest person I can, and I’m ready to make it happen.
- Step out of my comfort zone. I have a feeling 2018 is going to push me to another level and I can’t wait to embrace it and really go for it.
- Grow my blog. I have to admit I haven’t been as consistent with blog, as much as I would like to/say to myself I will be. So, going forward, I plan to give it a revamp in the new year and really make a go of it. I love writing and sharing my experiences with you all. Thank you for continuing to follow me and my journey, your support is very much appreciated.
- Be the best nanny I can. Running and fitness aside, I have a lot of changes coming in my job. With a new arrival due at the beginning of the year, I want to be the best nanny I can be. I love my job so much and am very fortunate to work for such a kind and supportive family.
Now, before I finish, I’m excited to say I’ve collaborated this blog, with Jaz. She approached me and asked if I wanted to share our goals for the new year, and I couldn’t refuse. She’s a keen runner and sports enthusiast, bouncing back from injury, so go ahead and take a look at her growing blog and Instagram page!
Jaz’s 2018 Goals: